Sunday, December 2, 2012

Confessions of a Discontented Attitude and its Fix


Words of truth that jumped off the page and landed here on my neglected blog. It's a literary revival -- of sorts. Hope they inspire you, too!

"Do the best you can with what you have where you are.
Success is not circumstantial. We usually focus on what we're doing or where we're going, but God's primary concern is who we're becoming in the process." -Mark Batterson, "The Circle Maker"

It reminds me of Luke 16:10 -- "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much."

Confession: A spirit of discontentment has come over me in recent weeks and I find myself frustrated, irritated and, frankly, quite unlikeable! I don't like how I've let circumstances get the better of me, causing me to compromise my generally cheerful attitude. Lately, it stinks!

A friend of mine recently said she was challenged to consider her spiritual aroma. Sounds a bit cheesy, but if you ponder it for just a moment, you begin to think about how your attitude influences others. 

Are you leaving a positive, lasting impression or are you stinking up the place with negativity?

Lately, I've been guilty of the latter, but that doesn't mean it has to continue. I don't have to let my circumstances create who I become. It's my reaction to undesirable situations that builds good character -- and I want good character! 

Don't you? 

So as difficult as it is, let's take on the challenge to be faithful in the small things, to clothe ourselves in compassion and patience and choose to be unaffected by the trivial things that try and trip us up.  

And remember that life isn't so much about "doing" as it is "being." 

Let's go be awesome!

xo

No comments:

LinkWithin